89 Teg Axles

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Crx dx b16a ,1987 crx si stock for now
Just a confirmation for those that had doubts or were worried about buying axles that wont fit. 89 integra axles will fit and work with a b16 swap. i just installed mine today fit like a glove.
Project E-AS Squad now underway
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

toxicshit

QUOTE (crx_racer86 @ Jul 1 2005, 04:02 PM)
Just a confirmation for those that had doubts or were worried about buying axles that wont fit. 89 integra axles will fit and work with a b16 swap. i just installed mine today fit like a glove.

nice info.. and your 89 integra axles are the same as our european ZC1 axles ?

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

C8V6C

I second the motion....but i only knew it worked for the civics...now it works for the crxs

So yes to both

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
hmmm, did you use the d16a1 half shaft or the b16 halfshaft? Thats on cable trannys also right? im pritty sure that the hydro tranny's have different axels.

Sean

toxicshit

hydro transmission wont fit our cars wink.gif when using the hasport mouts etc.. because the hydro tansmission is bigger than the cable transmission.

and yes good question what intermideate / half shaft did you use ?

cr-x.jpg

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
the intermediate shaft came with my swap. it was previously in a second gen crx so im guessing its the 90-93 integra half shaft. yes cable tranny.
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

toxicshit

QUOTE (crx_racer86 @ Jul 2 2005, 08:54 AM)
the intermediate shaft came with my swap. it was previously in a second gen crx so im guessing its the 90-93 integra half shaft. yes cable tranny.

can you try and find that out for us ?? so we are out of doubt wink.gif

cr-x.jpg

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i think this had been confirmed by numerous B series swappers that YES you can get the stock D16A1 axles to squeeze into place but they wont work for driving because they will bind up and fit way too tightly. im pretty sure that the conclusion has already been made that they will fit but they wont work correctly. not trying to rain on your parade, i hope you do prove us wrong for the sake of future B series swappers. best of luck to you.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

C8V6C

QUOTE (crxls @ Jul 2 2005, 12:23 PM)
i think this had been confirmed by numerous B series swappers that YES you can get the stock D16A1 axles to squeeze into place but they wont work for driving because they will bind up and fit way too tightly. im pretty sure that the conclusion has already been made that they will fit but they wont work correctly. not trying to rain on your parade, i hope you do prove us wrong for the sake of future B series swappers. best of luck to you.

Those are the only axles i have ever ran.........i have used them since the swap, which was about 2 years ago

I have raced the shit outta them.....and have not broken one yet.....even though now, ill have some torque compared to the B16 smile.gif

I thought i used that same IS.....90-93.....just not 100% sure

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
cancel that they bind up after everything was tightened down. now i super pissed!! anyone now any other options? any combonation of axles work? frankenstein axles? i have the axles from a 2nd gen crx with a b-series swap what would they be? they fit but i dunno about binding uo yet i think they will. fuck this sucks
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crx_racer86 @ Jul 11 2005, 05:50 PM)
cancel that they bind up after everything was tightened down. now i super pissed!! anyone now any other options? any combonation of axles work? frankenstein axles? i have the axles from a 2nd gen crx with a b-series swap what would they be? they fit but i dunno about binding uo yet i think they will. fuck this sucks

well i'll be damned.....

get them from raxles.com. this is where hasport buys them from then marks the price up for resale (what, you think they work for free?). i hear raxles.com is great to deal with. just tell them your application and they will hook you up.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yeah bu teven raxles are 319 us!! thats like 400 canadian. way more then i have right now looks my cy project is on hold for awhile
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
just a thought, but if the integra/ crx zc axels fit in the lenght, could you use the inner joints from the original 2g on the teg axels? im wery interrestet since i have a b16 standing arround, and that actually is a legal swap over here...
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

C8V6C

Maybe its because its a rex...

In my hatch, i bought both axles myself...from autozone....of an 86-89 integra axle lifetime warantee

Unless they gave me some wierd axle....they work perfect for hatchbacks

Or maybe its a different intermediate shaft that you used.....i could go take pics of my axles and ishaft if i cared....since they are out of the car right now

crx_racer86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
would you do that for me just so i can compare and see wtf is goin gon here. thanks
Olive drab
Flat Black
B-series
1st gen represent
user posted image