Floor Rust Repair/how Much Trouble Am I In?

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

OUBob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '86 Civic 1.3, Future 86 3G B18c Si
Tore the interior out of my 86 Civic SI hatch to assess the status of the holes in the floor. I knew there were holes up front, I got a surprise when I pulled the carpet and found holes in the rear along the rockers. Rockers have holes where the floors meet too...

I was expecting to do some welding, this may have gotten heavy though. Has anyone patched floors AND rockers? I could use some advice, as in, is it time to punt on this shell?
Confused by carbs

crxracer87si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: element , f550, 86 crx

Any chance you could post some pictures of damage?

should be easy to have some one with a brake , bend you some new rockers.  b pillar base is a little more difficult. 

Edited by crxracer87si, 25 October 2017 - 10:29 AM.

OUBob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '86 Civic 1.3, Future 86 3G B18c Si
Did some more cutting, rust is up the firewall on both sides, into the passenger side inner fender/past the seam at the base of the inner fender/engine bay. Looks like it's going to be beyond my fabrication skills and cost prohibitive to sub it out. Ergo, I have a rusty shell for sale...

Thanks!
Bob
Confused by carbs

crxracer87si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: element , f550, 86 crx

bummer, might try finding a clean shell with bad engine on cl, Not sue if you have a truck but U haul rents a dolley pretty cheap, and a day or two spent getting a clean shell is time well spent.