• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 gt

Hi,

I've been on the forum for a while now and haven't introduced my self or my car. I got the civic buzz when i was a kid my dad had a 3g GT, it had all the extras and paper work from new but he sold it. A few years later i tracked down the car and bought it!, but all the extras had gone and had been modified. it was a non-runner when i bought it. so first thing was to get it running, it wouldn't catch spark, but we managed to bump start it and it was running really rough, it turned out the be the distributor. The next thing i did was get it on the ramps to check the rust underneath, and it wasn't too bad, all four corners of the sill have to be re-done and the drivers side a-pillar where the windscreen is. The drivers and passenger side foot well have had previous work done to it but it looks like a 5 year old attempted it as its properly welded.. Great lol so that needs to be done to. I then took the headlining off as there was rust coming and water coming out of it and in a nutshell the sunroof surround is rusted but the pipes are clear which is strange. There are other bits that i will add in detail and in pictures later. I managed to source all the extras that were once in the car again like the dash matt, sunroof carry case, sunroof visor and wind deflector. There's still a lot of work needed on the car as there are lots of bits and bobs that need to be replaced.
Thanks 
Adam 

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage

welcome and please post up some pictures when you get the chance!! I can only assume Leics is Leicester? not too far from some of the other UK members on here... 

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yes Leicester! How do you upload pictures? I was trying earlier but not much luck

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

i upload them via Photobucket and then link them here... but you can use any photosharing media of your choice... 

there was talk of some of the UK fellas getting together for a small meeting of the 3G... still no date, but keep an eye out for the thread somewhere!!

Posted Image

Wheels

spuker1

• bwwwaaaaaaaaah
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic
Cool! Another 3g in UK :) Recently couple of new 3g owners popped up, including me, lol 2013 is a year of salvaging old Hondas :D

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Another uk member. That's great. :-)

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanks for that powerwheels I'll get on it, yes I've seen that thread I've posted in it already, defiantly keeping an eye on it!
Aha yep! They have all survived the scrap heavens spuker!
Thanks chedda! I need to get in touch with you about some parts to lower it more!

The owner who had it before me unscrewed the torsion nuts so much that they were only hanging on by one thread! And the shocks are on there last legs! There's a few mods on my list that need to be done but I'm waiting on the cash faries for some money lol

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Here is how she is at the moment :)

IMG_06280_zps30ee995b.jpg

IMG_067784_zps08efd467.jpg

I've taken the stupid stickers off it lol. I have also changed the wheels to a set vti teledials while it gets work done on it. 

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Looks good, I like those wheels and it's drop, it's pretty flush and sits well... How does it handle? The body looks pretty mint as well... Real shame about the rust, but you wouldn't know from how good you make it look in these pictures!!
Posted Image

Wheels

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thanks powerwheels!, It handles okay but the shocks and springs all need updating, Thank you!
The work on the car has been put on hold for a bit as other things have cropped up :( 

spuker1

• bwwwaaaaaaaaah
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic

Loooovvee herrr!!!!

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thank you spuker!!

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

seeing a red one in such a clean manner always reminds me of EA_Hatch's beautiful red one, may it rest in peace in car heaven... :'(

Posted Image

Wheels

Adz--

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It's always sad when one passes onto the car heavens especially if it is an GT. :(

79cord

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 79Accord,'88Integra,'81Prelude,'89CRXsir
    • Image Gallery

YES!

Nice that it has such a history for you, & looks spectacular. Best wishes for it living up to them again soon.