Need Advice And Suggestions

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
Yesterday my wife noticed that my 350z had a scrape down the side of it. I rent carport #64 and there is a white chevy s10 in carport #63. My paint is on her bumper, her paint is smeared down the side of my car. Yesterday after we took pictures she took off. Cops came out and said that since this is a no fault state, if she does not come forward, then my record is the one to take the hit. At first I'm ok with that since it seems to be a clear cut situation. Today, I found out that she has been dodging the police for a few months. This is her only transportation except for maybe friends and seems to have no definite hours of when she's home or gone. The cops came by this evening since the truck was here (and she still won't park in her parking space) and she won't answer her door. He agreed with me that her truck appears to be the vehicle that hit me. What can I do? I've thought about several things such as put a note on her truck saying "the police have rules to follow in contacting you, but I don't" I'm considering putting up fliers with the pictures of her truck saying "If you see this truck, please contact the ******* city police department. They are suspect in a hit and run accident" I'm really freaked right now about what to do. Now for the pics and don't mock me for my dirty car. I've been busy concentrating on my hondas wink.gif

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The flyer thing is not a good idea, that would be slander. A federal offense.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Take her to small claims court!! your evidence will be enough for her to be guilty I suggest do it asap!!! max small claims court is $5000 I would also wait by her truck all day and confront her on it and give her the pay or else i'll take you to court business..

Edited by etmydst, 09 October 2006 - 07:23 PM.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Oct 9 2006, 07:22 PM)
Take her to small claims court!! your evidence will be enough for her to be guilty I suggest do it asap!!! max small claims court is $5000 I would also wait by her truck all day and confront her on it and give her the pay or else i'll take you to court business..

I don't know the laws or limits of small claims, but +1 to this idea.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
yes get that shiz to court! You dont want to talk about what you couldve done before she leaves for good.

user posted image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
also measure the height of her bumper/scratch to the height of your damage and take pictures with a ruler by it to get further incriminating evidence to help prove it was her..

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
man that sucks take that bitch to court

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
like ever one else said take her to court
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

mayhem019

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Shes probably poor and doesnt have any money so if she doesnt have insurance good luck... Even if she lost in court its still hard for them to get money out of her. I'd just get it fixed yourself sad.gif Are you sure your insurance rates will go up? I know youd need to pay the deductible but I dont think they can bump up your insurance for just anything. Especially if you werent anywhere near the car at the time
user posted image

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Not sure about the insurance thing for certain but that's what the officer told me. As for taking her to court, I don't know how well that will go. She's been dodging the police to be served by papers for a few months now (property manager at the apartment complex informed me of this) so if they can't serve those papers then they won't be able to serve mine either. However, I have heard from a friend that had a similar incident, that when she turned over all the proof to her insurance company they had their lawyers go after the suspect. So I'm going to contact my insurance today and see what my options are. This sucks. And my wife just changed our deductible to $1000 to save us a few bucks. sad.gif
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
just take all the valve stems out of her tires, no way she will be able to just up and take off on the cops then right ph34r.gif

or you could go out there in the wee hours of the morning and drain her transmission.

msg me if you need any other ideas.

by the way, did i mention that i was EVIL? blink.gif ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Oct 10 2006, 09:15 AM)
by the way, did i mention that i was EVIL? blink.gif  ohmy.gif  ph34r.gif

What seasoned veteran of mischief isn't considered "evil"?

Which reminds me, I need to get those Ghey pron vouchers to crxls.

Muahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 10 2006, 08:22 AM)
What seasoned veteran of mischief isn't considered "evil"?

very PC of you BP laugh.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
PM sent.
QUOTE(zakats)

user posted image

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
This shouldn't count against you as a chargeable accident with your company since you weren't at fault (and have good photos to prove it). I'm not sure how it works in Missouri, but Florida is also a "No-Fault" state. Part of our premiums covers incidents involving uninsured/deadbeat drivers. A few years back some random *sshole hit my car in a parking lot, and insurance paid to have it fixed, minus the deductible. My rates didn't go up.

However, since your deductible is $1K, you're probably SOL because I'm sure you can get your Z fixed for less. Hopefully small claims court can help you recover the amount you pay the body shop.

Good luck -