Welder Near Dfw

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,05 Honda CRV, My Wife Up a Wall
I need to get my b-pillar harness bar installed and I'm looking for a professional welder to do it. Nothing major but most shops don't want to do it due to liability issues. Wondering if anyone in the area knows someone capable of the job.
"Horsepower sets how fast you hit the wall. Torque sets the size of the hole."

"... the motor car was poetry and tragedy, love and heroism." - Sinclair Lewis

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

mallardtape

QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 15 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to get my b-pillar harness bar installed and I'm looking for a professional welder to do it. Nothing major but most shops don't want to do it due to liability issues. Wondering if anyone in the area knows someone capable of the job.

The b-pillar bar on my crx was welded in by Doug at Advanced Exaust in Duncanville. Actually the whole thing was welded by him. I don't know if he'd be up for it because he usually doesn't do that kind of work but it wouldn't hurt to give him a call. He is a dang good pipe welder. He welds exaust all day long! I could post some pics later of the roll bar he did in mine if yyou want. Let me know and ill message you his number

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
I found a guy on CL who does echo cages for jeeps, he's coming out wednesday and i'll see where I stand after he comes out, I'll be interested in the other guy after that, just to compare the two for price and what not. I could also use someone who knows what they're doing with exhaust for the crx's semi custom set up that is coming in the near future

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

mallardtape

K
QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 15 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found a guy on CL who does echo cages for jeeps, he's coming out wednesday and i'll see where I stand after he comes out, I'll be interested in the other guy after that, just to compare the two for price and what not. I could also use someone who knows what they're doing with exhaust for the crx's semi custom set up that is coming in the near future

He did the 2 1/4 full exaust with resonance chamber and obd2 CAT.

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx
if you want someone that can weld go to santo's shop in irving off of loop 12 and irving blvd.
been there over 20+ years and is known for welding for legit prices

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Crx-Kid @ Nov 16 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you want someone that can weld go to santo's shop in irving off of loop 12 and irving blvd.
been there over 20+ years and is known for welding for legit prices

thanks, i'll look into that. biggrin.gif

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
found a guy who charges $25 an hour, quoted me for $35 to weld the B-pillar bar. All i need is a place to have him set up welder and air supply and it'll be done.

mallardtape

QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 17 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
found a guy who charges $25 an hour, quoted me for $35 to weld the B-pillar bar. All i need is a place to have him set up welder and air supply and it'll be done.

Show us pics when its done

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
will do

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
Welding should be finished by now, I had to leave for work because of some un-expected issues with the b/pillar angles it took longer than the hour he quoted me. Great guy, very willing to make sure he does it how you want, only regret is that I didn't think out how I really wanted it to be done beforehand, but I think the end product will be satisfactory and functional.

Won't get to see it tonight unless gant or scott takes some pics and uploads them before i get off.

mallardtape

QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 20 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welding should be finished by now, I had to leave for work because of some un-expected issues with the b/pillar angles it took longer than the hour he quoted me. Great guy, very willing to make sure he does it how you want, only regret is that I didn't think out how I really wanted it to be done beforehand, but I think the end product will be satisfactory and functional.

Won't get to see it tonight unless gant or scott takes some pics and uploads them before i get off.

how'd it turn out?

here is a crappy pic of mine

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip

turned out okay, not exactly what I wanted but i'm hapyp with it. All I need to do now is figure out now is how to properly mount the harness. Can I sling it over the bar and bolt it to the floor or do I need to wrap it around the bar and bolt it to the bar, or then bolt it to the floor? Haven't had much luck with searches so any proper advice would be helpful.

radar51

• 1G Addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 ford focus (ugh), 1989 Integra LS
    • Image Gallery
It goes tossed over the bar, then bolted to the floor.

Hoping to get back into the 1G game ASAP!

mallardtape

Ill post pics with my harness setup when I can.