Project Liz

• You cannot reply to this topic
643 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

New to this site/forum and wanted to say hi. My project is an '85 DX with an '89 Teg rear axle. I am in the teardown stage and working on replacing the rotors, pads, calipers and struts. Complete suspension bushing kit is on the way. Just found 2 holes in the floor behind each seat, so I ripped out the carpet and seats (they were going to be replaced anyway) to get started on cutting and patching. Planning on dropping in a rebuilt '89 Teg 1.6L motor, painting her R-39 red with grey/silver rocker panels and an all black interior (gotta lose the white pillars and headliner). Since this pic was taken I replaced the bent left front bumper bracket. All comments and suggestions are welcome, since I am a rookie at this.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper, 03 November 2009 - 04:21 PM.

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

down4ce

Welcome, I can't wait to see it in person smile.gif Great to see another one being revived, you'll find tons of useful info on here and really great people. I like the plans and whats visible of the shell looks pretty good for a PA car. Good luck and don't forget to tell a ghost story wink.gif

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Welcome, I to never liked the white pillers and headliner and changed mine in all my crx's almost as soon as I got the cars.

Good luck with the build smile.gif
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hello and welcome. It's nice to see a new PA member join the board. biggrin.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
welcome and good luck with the build hope it goes smooth for you

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Jun 26 2006, 08:46 AM)
welcome and good luck with the build hope it goes smooth for you

Got a few questions for anyone with answers...

1. If I drop a '89 1.6L Teg motor in my 85 HF, what radiator do I buy?

2. Liz has an '89 Teg rear axle, what pads, rotors, calipers, struts, lines do I get?

3. Where can I buy sheet metal to fix the holes in the floor?

4. Where can I find detailed info on rebuilding the '89 Teg motor? (rookie project)

5. What seats will bolt in the easiest and where do I get 'em? (new not used)

Would appreciate all the help I can get........thanks in advance!
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Kanyooheermi

• 50C0J1M
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87CRX Dx
Sup

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
Got a few questions for anyone with answers...

1. If I drop a '89 1.6L Teg motor in my 85 HF, what radiator do I buy?
The stock one works just fine...maybe even a 2G HF readiator since its a dual core 1/2 rad

2. Liz has an '89 Teg rear axle, what pads, rotors, calipers, struts, lines do I get?
Teg rotors/pads/calipers/struts/lines

3. Where can I buy sheet metal to fix the holes in the floor?
no idea

4. Where can I find detailed info on rebuilding the '89 Teg motor? (rookie project)
a FSM for a teg would be your best bet

5. What seats will bolt in the easiest and where do I get 'em? (new not used)
any seats will bolt on with minor fab using the stock rails

hope this helps...welcome aboard...you owe us a ghost story!
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Welcome to the community. Great first post. We all love pictures. But as stated. You do owe us a ghost story. Its a tradition arround here.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (jerfguy @ Jun 27 2006, 12:30 PM)
Welcome to the community. Great first post. We all love pictures. But as stated. You do owe us a ghost story. Its a tradition arround here.

OK stupid question......what's a ghost story?

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
a story involving ghosts or the paranormal
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jun 27 2006, 01:11 PM)

mad.gif So get with the spooky, spooky ph34r.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 27 2006, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jun 27 2006, 01:11 PM)

mad.gif So get with the spooky, spooky ph34r.gif

Just askin', I didn't know if there was some underlying car/honda/crx/ theme...

We have 4 kids (3 boys and a girl) ages 15-19 (only one is actually mine). Anyways, the boys have a bunk bed - very sturdy well constructed. The bunk bed is on one side of the room and the single bed is on the other facing the same direction. The top bunk sits on metal pegs to keep it from falling off. NEVER had a problem before....

That was until last Saturday night........2 in the morning............everyone fast asleep (Everyone!). We woke up to a loud thump and a yelp to find my son (who was sleeping on top) underneath the top bunk which was now upside down on the floor between the bottom bunk and the regular bed. UPSIDEDOWN I tell you! The pegs were still in tact and not bent. Whatever happened, it left a hole in the opposite wall above the regular bed and a bruise on my stepson's thigh. Fortunately nobody was seriously injured. Mind you, the boys were fast asleep and not screwing around. We can't come up with a reasonable explanation.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Psh. Boys not screwing arround? Hard to believe. I got manny a wooping for fooling arround. But I still see no way for that bed to end up like that. Good story. Welcome to the site.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

Punjab

• JDM-Tastic!!
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: My Cars are too busy on blocks, I bum Rides :)
    • Image Gallery
... sorry

it was me