• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery

For some reason, I decided to try and log in again only to find that the sight is back up and running!  I had thought that Tom had perhaps decided to crater the site after having not been able to log in for so long.

Good to be back!

nivek2002

Hey, great minds think alike. I randomly signed in today too!

CSPCRX

So great to see you guys!  He found a friend to host the site which made it easier for him.  A few of us have been trying to bring it back to its glory days!

this site has so much historical knowledge on these cars that you just can’t find anywhere else.

gtpilot, are you still racing?

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

Yep CSP, got the tube frame car torn down for a rebuild right now though, so I have been doing some Lemons Endurance racing to keep my sanity.  There is something about driving a car at full beans in the dead of night that is just surreal...glad I took it up to pass the time.

CSPCRX

I have done a few night races and they are so different.  The first one I did honest spooked me, not being able to look through the turn or find my spots.  It’s a very different feeling for sure!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

yep - driving at speed beyond that capability of the lighting produced by the headlights and all of the auxiliary lighting we put on it was a trip.  I was the first one to take the maiden voyage into the dark, luckily my stint started just before dusk so I could get into a rhythm, start watching revs and counting time between corners - then it was awesome! 

CSPCRX

After two night events I was think about building an led light bar that had a light on each side turned out to the corners a bit.  A couple of my friends did this and said it really helped in the darker sections.  Usually only have one night race a year so don’t get a done of seat time in those conditions.

so great to see you back on here.  Looking forward to some racer content.  Working on mine now but afraid that buy the time it’s done our season will be wrapping up down here in the desert!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily