Project Pecos Bill

• You cannot reply to this topic
72 replies to this topic

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Mini cooper honda crx si
so, I've always fancied hondas expecially the 2nd gen crx. However, in my search for one I got behind the wheel of a nice 85 crx at a local autox event and loved it! My ex-girlfriends dad happend to have an old crummy 87 crx si with the fenders broken, nose panel gone, tires bad, seats torn, leaves all in it, sunroof gone, and clutch blown. being everything else worked fine I took it for 500+100 for registration.

The purpose:
make it a full street legal autox car and restore it.

so this past month, I have stripped out the inside(which smelled horribal from weather without the sunroof. Put a new steering wheel. replaced the battery, battery cables, spark plugs, clutch, and some BSA rims with R-comps from the mini.

The plan:
Body- I want to paint front the start of the window on the door and down a metallic blue, and the top either silver or black. Then a carbon hood.

I need new fenders, sideskirts, spoiler, rear bumper, front bumper, sunroof. whatever the lining on the doors is, and mirros.

the interior. I've already painted the exposed metal metalic blue, and I plan to add two full race sparco seats. Im not sure how to mount them since I read on here its not possible without fabrication... 5 point harnesses. new doorpanels. new guage cluster, shift boot, and tighten the steering wheel more.

The motor- I want to start with the exhaust, headers, highflow cat, custom piping, muffler which I already bought. Then to fead that exhaust the intake. I need a new throttle boddy(which I also hope will fix the strange idle) custom intake tube and filter, port and polish. To fire it up, some new ignition wiring and possibly coil if I want to go the extra yard. Im not sure if they have one, who makes it, or if its possible to get one, but a turbo kit would be the next thing in the list. (suggestions greatly appreciated on this one)
also, do they make bigger cams for the d15a3?

computer- I have no idea who makes what for this car (definatly would like some help here) there is a weird computer chip that shows up in the dash everyonce in a while and I think its cause the rain messed with the wiring or something...

suspension- the suspension from this is alot different than what im use too... but! the plan, coilovers with tokico shocks in the back. stiffer torsion bars in the front. dont know who makes them though. Rear and front sway, new bushings, I also need a new pivot ball. if thats what its called. Id like to put on front and rear braces. basically I want to stiffen this thing up as much as possible, and make oversteer abundant and easy to control.

brakes- drilled rotors, big brakes. I guess make the disk brake conversion in the back. new break pads as well.

I will have a picture of it and keep yall posted on the progress! comments, suggestions, critisism would be appreciated. smile.gif smile.gif

Edited by justintime, 24 October 2006 - 11:27 PM.

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
GOOD LUCK smile.gif
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
that sounds like it is going to be a good project and yuo wil have one sweet car when you are done. but just remember post as many pics as you can ph34r.gif

rollz87civic

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (fritt @ Oct 24 2006, 09:20 PM)
that sounds like it is going to be a good project and yuo wil have one sweet car when you are done. but just remember post as many pics as you can ph34r.gif

yes just remember post as many pics as you can.

Posted Image

RIP GLEN

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Oct 25 2006, 12:21 AM)
yes just remember post as many pics as you can.

I need to know, will the 88 crx hood fit the 87? I kinda like the longer hood without that nosepanel alittle better. But then again my 87 is the only one Ive seen in person haha

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (justintime @ Oct 25 2006, 09:14 AM)
I need to know, will the 88 crx hood fit the 87? I kinda like the longer hood without that nosepanel alittle better. But then again my 87 is the only one Ive seen in person haha

If you look youll find what your looking for..its there in the archives, trust me its there.

no the 2nd gen hood wont fit....look for Mr Disabilty for hoods..

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Oct 25 2006, 10:51 AM)
If you look youll find what your looking for..its there in the archives, trust me its there.

no the 2nd gen hood wont fit....look for Mr Disabilty for hoods..

I just did a search on mr disabilty and only this thread came up.. is it a guy on this forum?

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
CRX hoods from MrDisibility

Note: MrDisibility has no spaces. (I don't think this site allows spaces in usernames, so if you are looking for someone by name, no spaces)

Edit: Here is a picture of the ZC Style 1 piece CF hood found on MrDisibility's store website heeltoeauto.com

Edited by EuphoricBlue, 25 October 2006 - 11:48 AM.

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Oct 25 2006, 11:37 AM)

Note: MrDisibility has no spaces. (I don't think this site allows spaces in usernames, so if you are looking for someone by name, no spaces)

Edit: Here is a picture of the ZC Style 1 piece CF hood found on MrDisibility's store website heeltoeauto.com

HEY! mrdisabilty? is he on this sight??? he has the 1g crx that was featured in a mag that made me fall in love with the crx hahah

rollz87civic

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Oct 25 2006, 08:37 AM)

onl sad.gif y if they made cf hoods for the sedan

Posted Image

RIP GLEN

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
so.. I didn't want to turn the REX into another "ricer"

so Instead I made one out of the "coffecup"

im not sure If I like it yet but I will be keeping it for alittle while atleast =] sounds nice and deep though

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
justintime, have you been to the member map yet? Where in tx are you at? Rio Grand region Red river region central, north, panhandle, elpaso?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 26 2006, 06:12 PM)
justintime, have you been to the member map yet?  Where in tx are you at?  Rio Grand region Red river region central, north, panhandle, elpaso?

I live in boerne(or rather san antonio)

ARGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so today I removed all the rear panneling carpet (everything) and I found some rustholes. nothing to big but they are definatly not good. What do you do about that??? what affect does it have on the car? ;asldkfjas

!@##$@#$! !@#$@# !@# !@# !@# !@#!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Can you weld? Are they in the floorpan? in hte corners on seams? Where are they? Did you buy this car off of craigslist?

San Antonio, there are a few members from around there. A few live in Austin too.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

justintime

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I can weld, I cant weld that thin of metal though... its in the floor around the area where the spare tire was. where the hanger for the exhaust on the left side its infront of that.

I know alot of people with 2nd gen crx. I have yet to find anyone besides me with the 1g