• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

f1rstgen

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '86 honda crx
Hey guys,
So I finaly have a bit of time and money to put into my 86 crx non si. And I have the motor and tranny in beautiful running order along with suspension and brakes. So mechanically im at where i want to be until I get a si head and some webers. So for now im looking to get my car pretty again. Overall its in pretty good condition. So ramble ramble........ Im looking to fix both front 1/4 panels and the header panel. They all have a couple small cracks and on the top where they are fastened down by the bolts are nearly completely broken off. There are only a few small spots that arent broken off. They are curently being held in place with oversized washers that compress the broken ends to the body. So my question is do u guys think it would be better to just replace them with used ones i may or may not be able to find, or should I fix them. If the later of the two, any suggestions on how to go about fixing them and getting my front end lined up again before paint???

Thanks ahead of time for any advice and safe drivin!!!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Its your call, but know that your plastic and any junkyard/used plastic you find will be pretty brittle after all these years. It is possible to still get new replacement pieces that are "OK' for fit (maybe 9 out of 10, just short of perfect but darn good).

Whatever you decide, be sure to rough up the back side of your plastics with sand paper and slather on a good amount of fiberglass to add strength.

I would wait until you have you mechanicals completely done...

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function