My Drag Race Results Form

• You cannot reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
ok before i post the times i ran on the 1/4mile i will say i did have fun though and learned. i did 5 runs witch is a record for me usally i get 3 in a night if im lucky. my fun began really after the races though. started at 930pm when i locked my keys in the car in the ignition. so i had to walk 3 1/4mile langths before i found a metal coat hanger. then i went to my moms car (she came to watch) got my compresser out of it to pump up my tires that i had deflated to run. easy right. wrong. i get to the car im swating form all th ewalking and carring the compresser. get to the car and get in the car in under 20sec. I HAVE NEVER tried this before. so that was nice but earry at the same time. to easy to get in.
anyway get the compresser in the car and go to get a AC outlet pump it up go to pump tires, the chuck is missing off the compresser. ahhhh.. so i throw it back in and drive to meet my mom say need agas station now and go to put th ecompresser in her car and on th ground at th etrunk was the chuck. so i was happy. and got home in one piece.

now for the times. not 1 of the 5 runs did i do better then last year. last year i hit a 16.5xx this year so far top was 16.82x but its a diff compression engine now and the tires werent helping. nor the fing clutch brand new and sliping in all gears.

may12th runs.
weightd the car and with a full tank of gas and me in it sits at 1875
RUN#1
R/T...1.078
60'...2.505
1/8...10.892
MPH...63.67
1/4...17.032
MPH...79.66
RUN#2
R/T...1.023
60'...2.405
1/8...10.733
MPH...63.14
1/4...16.870
MPH...79.47
RUN#3
R/T...0.845
60'...2.559
1/8...10.856
MPH...63.43
1/4...16.966
MPH...80.11
RUN#4 BEST RUN OF NIGHT
R/T...0.871
60'...2.453
1/8...10.728
MPH...64.31
1/4...16.828
MPH...79.74
RUN#5
R/T...0.580
60'...2.617
1/8...10.987
MPH...62.80
1/4...17.159
MPH...78.89
last run i let out to much air and was sliping all gears.

but looking at the times and comparing. im pretty well even

june 9th runs
weightd the car and with a full tank of gas and me in it this time sits at 1860kgs i lost 15kgs some where.
RUN#1
R/T...617
60'...2.6.23
1/8...11.047
MPH...63.67
1/4...17.116
MPH...81.17
i tried to launch at 5k this time. but the clutch dint wont to. i had to let off and clutch again and gas it then it was fine. it sliped reall bad.
RUN#2
R/T...0637
60'...2.668
1/8...10.930
MPH...64.71
1/4...16.997
MPH...80.88
i didnt launch so high this time. an dall th eway down i felt i did better
RUN#3
R/T...922
60'...2.528
1/8...10.779
MPH...64.59
1/4...16.845
MPH...80.83 BEST RUN OF NIGHT
i was already tuned right track was good, then the rain came and dumped. and the night got canceled.

not as good as last time so i will be parking it and workin gon the tranny and clutch.

anyone with any tips on what i can inprove on let me no.
i will be changing tires this time to just stock dead allsesons to see if there is a diff. should help with the clutch sliping i hope. i dont have slippage in normal street driving.

will add to this post as i do more runs to see and let you know how it gos.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
Are you sure the clutch is slipping? The tires could be just spinning somewhat. Lower the 60 foot to a 2.2 or better and you will see a difference.

Are you bogging at the launch? Spinning?
twitter: @lylehatton

crazi-85crx

Here's a couple questions I have.

is the clutch broken in yet?
is your engine broken in yet?
what rpm's are you shifting at?
did you preload the clutch on the launch?
what was your tire pressure?

I think you should be seeing atleast low 16's-high 15's easily.

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
kinda weird,

my mph was 83 but i was running 15.5 with a 2.2 60ft on a bad clutch and a faulty ditzy (not advancing). the best 60ft i have pulled is a 2.0 but i need a new clutch also, what clutch are you running?
user posted image

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
87sivtec:why i think the clutch is sliping is i will have my foot off the clutch after a shift and my gas pedel smached to the floor, the rpms sound high and the tack will go high but then after like 4-5secs then it will ingauge and drop rpms then the car will move faster.
i only bogd the first run i dint know what to expect with the slicks and was to low of a rpm at launch. the rest i spun for aobut 5 secs then to griped

im running 205/50/14 bfgoodrich drag radials

crazi-85crx: not sure how much it needs to brake in i know it hooks up well on street tires. and for milage on the engine an clutch its got jsu tover 300km i know its still early but for me to get 5000km on it its going to be like 5 years of dd driving. for shifting i was a bit on th elow side i was going high as th emore runs i was doing as you see in the reactin times. the stageing there is a bit odd i havent quite got it yet. i was being light on the car so think i was around 4-5k rpm.
preload clutch?
tires were at this for the runs i was tring diff settings
run1-2=35psi
run3-4=25psi
run5=22psi
tires wonted 15-20 but i didnt go that low didnt know what was up with the clutch.

mindlessracing: my clutch i dont like i dont think, i got a "fortins" rino clutch. i belive it will be going when i get the turbo on.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
damn i almost went up there that night, but hesitated because it started to rain where i was at. Hopefully next time i'll see you there and we can run em. biggrin.gif

I just need to find a way to drop my 60 foot times down to 2.2 2.0ish sad.gif

Edited by Computer, 21 May 2006 - 11:10 PM.

86 crx

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
So you say you are shifting at only 4-5k rpm?
What rpm do you launch at? Do you do a burnout? You should heat those tires up a bit before each run.
With the lack of torque that these cars have you will want to launch at a high rpm.

Have you adjusted your clutch? You should have very little slack at the lever.

Good luck and see ya at the track.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i was going to go this past friday but it was raining all day where i was so i wasnt going to try to drive 30mins and find it closesd. so i will tri again this friday if its not raining to go.

its a diff setup this time im bringing and i will see how it gos.

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
You racing this weekend?

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
if the weather holds out

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
Shifting at 4-5K? Isn't the stock redline of these engines 6.5? These engines produce most of their power toward the top end, so missing out on 1-1.5 thousand RPMs would hurt you plenty.

Give the engine and clutch a proper breakin and then start taking that badboy to it's redline or you'll be missing out on a lot of power.

You have stage 2 triflow right? Call up colt cams and ask them what RPMs these cams are for. That will give you your target redline.

Edited by EuphoricBlue, 06 June 2006 - 03:35 AM.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
not sure if i stated back in th efirst post i also ditn wont to kill th eengine on first time out it only has maybe 700km on the rebuild. but yea before i would would leave around 5-6k so i dnt have to much tire spin then wond th etrak i would be 6-7k shifting

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
It's supposed to be sunny through till sunday.
Good luck

oh, and check your spelling before you post next time. I had to read it 3 or 4 times to get the meaning of it all. esp. the end.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
haha maybe i wont have the oldest honda at the track this time around, hope to see you guys up there this weekend. I'll hopefully have the nitrous installation done by then. ugh its taking forever because im lazy haha

86 crx

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
to the comment on the unreadable post. im nto sure what you mean my first post is readable maby you need glasses. and yea there is some " th e " in ther so what you can still read it.

and for you if your going to tell some one to fix a post atless tell them where at if they have posted a few times.