Houston X-mas Meet

• You cannot reply to this topic
65 replies to this topic

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,05 Honda CRV, My Wife Up a Wall
So i'll be in Houston over the x-mas and was wondering if anyone other than Zak was wanting to get together and have a meet. My grandparents live in Sharpstown but if there's an area near 290 and the west Tollway that you guys would want to meet that'd be awesome as well since my cousin lives over there and it'd be nice to get him to go to a car meet (he's 15). Any who here's the thread... discuss
"Horsepower sets how fast you hit the wall. Torque sets the size of the hole."

"... the motor car was poetry and tragedy, love and heroism." - Sinclair Lewis

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

oldrexer

• Gonna go Sith
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 Q45T, 90 E250, 94 Aerostar, 87 Crx Si, 73 Krager Kustom Koach,68 BMW 1600, Vista FV, Margay Brava KT-100, 77 KZ650B, 72 Raleigh Professional, 66 Schwinn Panther, etc.
hotshoepunk will be in for Fresno CA over Christmas and I am sure we could get together. He is driving his CRX out and will be available to do whatever I tell him to do. Zak lives about 45-60 minute drive from the 290 beltway 8 intersection, but he may not mind. It would be a piece of cake for us. Right before or after Christmas would be best. I may be going to kill Bambi the weekend after. Not sure yet. Not sure who else is out there but I think somebody might show up.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I'll be there of course!
This probably ought to go in the meets section. same difference...

just text'd Powerwheels86, looks like he'll be there
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 11 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be there of course!
This probably ought to go in the meets section. same difference...

just text'd Powerwheels86, looks like he'll be there

how about the day after, since i'll be busy the day before and the day of

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
I'm over near the Galleria - I'd like to go. I'll be flying out on the 24th though for North Carolina. If anybody's up for something next weekend that would be ideal for me.

Thanks zakats for sending me the link to this thread!

"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
i won't be into town until the week of x-mas fyi

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Dec 12 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i won't be into town until the week of x-mas fyi

I could do something 22 or 23, but I don't know how down everybody will be with a weekday meet
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Grant Bailey @ Dec 12 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could do something 22 or 23, but I don't know how down everybody will be with a weekday meet

that may work for me, not entirely sure when I'll be in Houston, but we should be there by the afternoon of the 23rd at the latest

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
That'd be fine with me but I hope Powerwheels can make it... if he wouldn't mind chiming in.........................

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
just got word from the family, probably won't be into town until 6ish on the 23rd... i might be able to get out that night for a meet but there are no guarantees.

Sinic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 04 STi, 00 STi RHD, 07 TL
QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Dec 13 2008, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just got word from the family, probably won't be into town until 6ish on the 23rd... i might be able to get out that night for a meet but there are no guarantees.

After 6 would be cool for me. Zak keep me updated via text.

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Let's call it 23rd evening then, we seem to have a bit of a consensus on that. We'll need to meet somewhere with decent lights in the parking lot!

Grant

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
i'll leave the planning of that to you guys, since i don't know that much about places to meet around there

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I'm thinking hooters/taco cabana/cheap restaurant that allows us to meet in/out doors. If there is enough interest I can contact them to make it happen- if that goes over well I will need an approximate count on who will be attending (including family/friends/girlfriends/personal slaves/etc.)

I'm assuming we want to keep this somewhat exclusive to rpr members and what I wrote in parenthesis above rather than opening it to the public on houston-imports, otherwise we could make it a big meet. JUST a thought.

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 15 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking hooters/taco cabana/cheap restaurant that allows us to meet in/out doors. If there is enough interest I can contact them to make it happen- if that goes over well I will need an approximate count on who will be attending (including family/friends/girlfriends/personal slaves/etc.)

I'm assuming we want to keep this somewhat exclusive to rpr members and what I wrote in parenthesis above rather than opening it to the public on houston-imports, otherwise we could make it a big meet. JUST a thought.

Keepin' it small sounds good to me. We'll only have a few hours and I am mostly interested in talking to other 1g/3g guys from the forum. Larger crowds gives whoever's a closet jackass an audience and everybody just talks to whoever they already know. I think members and personal friends would be a good group. I'm down with some cheap restaurant. Actually I've been hankerin' for wings here lately, that sounds good.