G2 Mugen Kit For G1 Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

b20-VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX
ok guys, i saw a g2 mugen kit on a red crx. it was a g1 and now i cant find the post anymore. i was wondering if the guy got the other pics posted up on the car and if anyone knows the link please let me know, thanks

Tomoyo

It was probably the 2g Mugen replica that was adapted to fit the 1g. I hear it's a pain in the butt to put on, and it doesn't really fit right..

http://www.redpepper...?showtopic=5931

It's nice looking thou once it's on.

The only 1g kit I really like is the Houseman remake of the original Mugen wide body kit..It's just so sweet looking and I love it. It's very expensive thou..Almost 2 grand was my quite.

http://www.redpepper...87-Widebody-CRX

Mine's going to be blue. happy.gif
user posted image

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Search is the answer.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Dan-O

SteveOz is selling his kit here

I was going to buy it, but decided to spend my $$ on my motor and turbo project.

jjorgensen626

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRXsi
QUOTE (Tomoyo @ Jan 25 2004, 04:44 AM)
It was probably the 2g Mugen replica that was adapted to fit the 1g. I hear it's a pain in the butt to put on, and it doesn't really fit right..

http://www.redpepper...?showtopic=5931

It's nice looking thou once it's on.

The only 1g kit I really like is the Houseman remake of the original Mugen wide body kit..It's just so sweet looking and I love it. It's very expensive thou..Almost 2 grand was my quite.

http://www.redpepper...87-Widebody-CRX

Mine's going to be blue. happy.gif

Where can you purchase the Houseman kit?

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
Hit the Houseman Autosport link in my signature...there is also the narrow body MUGEN kit that is considerably less expensive than the race kit.

Kirk

jonesy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx dx, 90 Skyline GTR
I'm not sure that they've added the price list for the replica original mugen kit yet kirk. That or I'm stoopid. Either is actually a possibility!!

jonesy
85 CRX DX: 4-2-1 header, 11:1, P&P, 4 32mm mikuni's
90 Skyline GTR: Filters, I/C Hard Pipes, Downpipe, 3.5" de-catted exhaust, AVC-R, S-AFC, HKS SSQV's, and on and on...

Dan-O

I didn't find the kit either at Houseman Autosport, so no, you're not stupid.
Maybe we're both stew-pid?
ohmy.gif

Wish I had three grand to dump into a $300 car. If I win the lottery, I'm buying a southern CRX and a wide body kit for sure!

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Dan-O @ Feb 9 2004, 11:41 AM)
I'm not sure that they've added the price list for the replica original mugen kit yet kirk. That or I'm stoopid. Either is actually a possibility!!

jonesy

ohmy.gif

Wish I had three grand to dump into a $300 car.  If I win the lottery, I'm buying a southern CRX and a wide body kit for sure!

Nope neither of you are stupid, but the question was the original MUGEN wide body kit which his website does have the prices for.

The street MUGEN body kit prices:

Front or rear bumper cover. $295.00 EA.
Front fenders. $250.00 EA
Rear fender flares. $165.00 EA
Rocker Panels. $165.00 EA
Header panel. $165.00

If you get in on a group buy, the entire kit is $1300 plus shipping - shipping has been in the neighborhood of $250. You have to commit by putting $650 down and then $650 plus shipping to get your kit.

Tax season is just about here - and it is time to organize another group buy!

Kirk

nitro3451

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 honda crx si
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Feb 9 2004, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (Dan-O @ Feb 9 2004, 11:41 AM)

jonesy

ohmy.gif

Wish I had three grand to dump into a $300 car.  If I win the lottery, I'm buying a southern CRX and a wide body kit for sure!

Nope neither of you are stupid, but the question was the original MUGEN wide body kit which his website does have the prices for.

The street MUGEN body kit prices:

Front or rear bumper cover. $295.00 EA.
Front fenders. $250.00 EA
Rear fender flares. $165.00 EA
Rocker Panels. $165.00 EA
Header panel. $165.00

If you get in on a group buy, the entire kit is $1300 plus shipping - shipping has been in the neighborhood of $250. You have to commit by putting $650 down and then $650 plus shipping to get your kit.

Tax season is just about here - and it is time to organize another group buy!

Kirk

OK, about a year into the future... now 2005, How much is it for the Mugen 9-piece kit? Hopefully he's still making them. If the above stated is the street kit, then call me stupid. Thanks

Edited by nitro3451, 27 March 2005 - 12:12 AM.

ELITEX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si
Andysautosports.com or wut ever the web address is...THey sell a mugen replica kit.....I dont think it is ver expensive either....